If you are running an e-commerce website for your Melbourne business and want to maximize your returns from it, here are a few tricks of the trade that would prove greatly helpful in achieving your goal.
Like any other business strategy, it is crucial to carry out preliminary research; in this case, it would involve keyword research and your competition research. You should dig deep into the keywords and phrases used by competitors (especially those with the highest rankings). Then you should also research where they are getting their inbound links from on their e-commerce website. Open Site Explorer is a popular tool for this kind of link research.
Identifying and studying the website architecture of all competing sites is essential.
Take a deeper look into their navigation in order to find out the depth of their inbound links. Key indicators include: recently viewed products, related products, top related products, popular products in a specific category, see how social they are, do they have a blog. This would help you design the architecture for your Melbourne business e-commerce website.
Once you have carried out the research mentioned above, you should compare your website and identify areas for improvement or rectify any site errors.
Common website errors include redirecting of pages, duplicate content, meta titles, and meta descriptions. There are many free tools that you can put to use for finding website errors. These tools run through your e-commerce website, including links, CSS, images, scripts, and associated content like apps, and analyze them for good SEO Melbourne.
Another major E-commerce tip for maximizing your Melbourne business is to see if it loads fasters because if it does not, that’s a problem.
Visitors do not wait for websites to load when they have so many other websites just a click away. So you determine the speed of your website and make it load faster. A widespread tool for testing website speed is Pingdom.
Put extra effort into your website’s on-page optimization to get a better ranking.
There are multiple facets of on-page optimization, including but not limited to the following features.
- Site structure: the main design of your e-commerce website should be thoroughly planned and simplified for higher ranking. This also includes planning where you would place links.
- Internal linking: This is all about building links within pages of your Melbourne business website. This way, you can establish your anchor text and get rankings for top keywords. Including a sitemap for Google to go through your entire website and index every page is also recommended.
- Keyword optimization: this simply implies placing the keyword in all crucial locations like the page title, meta title, description, headers and subheaders, product descriptions, image file names, image alt tags, paragraph copy, and URLs.
- Usability: what good is your e-commerce website if it is not usable by your target customers? This implies that your customers should be able to easily (a) navigate through your products online (b) checkout (c) contact you as and when they need to.
- Mobile optimization: As more and more users now reach out for their mobile phones to search and shop for products, a vital e-commerce tip for maximizing your Melbourne business would be to have your website optimized for mobile. This would help reach a more significant customer base of mobile users and thus get you a higher ROI.