While Twitter isn’t as prevalent as Facebook or Instagram, you should still focus on using Twitter to market your business.
Because with 336 million monthly active users, plenty of prospective customers can be reached.
What is a Twitter List?
A Twitter list groups multiple Twitter accounts that fall under the same category. For example, you may have a Twitter list for all your friends, one for your prospective customers, one for your current customers, and you might even have hidden Twitter lists such as all of the competitors you choose to follow. Twitter enables you to compose your lists precisely how you want, and you can include whoever you like in your categorized listings.
So, Why is a Twitter List Important?
You need effective SEO in order to increase organic traffic, which comes from search engines. For example, if you have a plumbing business in Melbourne, you will want to mention plumbing and Melbourne-related keywords for both on-page and off-page search engine optimization. Compared with traditional SEO, however, social media is much more important when it comes to local SEO services in Perth because many customers may find you on one of the social media platforms instead. In this sense, your business’s Facebook page serves as your website for many potential customers. Recommendations, social proof, and good reviews are hugely important for any business, and social media is leading the way in this department.
Twitter lists make it easier to filter the content on your social media account. You can easily ignore content and people you’re not interested in following, and you can navigate your way toward information and people you want to engage with. These lists can save you lots of time on unnecessary searches.
If you want to find your influencers, they are listed. If you are looking for social fun, simply tune in to your friends’ lists. If you wish to promote a new product, all your prospective customers are on your easy-to-access list.
Twitter Lists Are Free
You can list to your heart’s content on Twitter, which won’t cost you a dime, whereas other social media channels require you to boost or promote specific posts to reach a particular audience. And we believe there’s not much better than a free social media marketing tool.
Must-Have Lists for Your Business
You can create as many Twitter lists as needed to make marketing your business easier. Here are a few must-have lists to improve your presence on Twitter.
- Experienced leaders in your industry
- Competitors you should keep an eye on
- Support businesses, such as suppliers
- Potential customers or your target audience
- Target audiences at specific events, shows, locations, or who share a particular interest
How to Use Your Twitter Lists For Your Marketing
Once your Twitter lists are in place, it’s time to start using these lists to benefit your business.
Some lists, like competitors or experienced leaders, are there for you to learn from and to pull inspiration from. Watch what content these people share and find out what posts do well.
Your other target audience and potential customer lists are great for promoting your business.
To start promoting, you can simply tune into what a specific target audience is up to.
- Start engaging with these people
- Comment on their tweets
- Share their information
- Ask them questions.
With simple engagement, you can rack up a surprising number of retweets, which are great for promoting your business and capturing the attention of more prospective customers.
Twitter lists can make it much simpler to promote your business and get more interest from those who might want to start following you.
Follows are essential for boosting your business’s popularity and can eventually lead to a steady increase in traffic to your website, which means increases in your sales.
The Truth About Buying Twitter Followers
You might look at your business’s Facebook page and notice you have over 4,000 likes, and it’s always on the up. Then you look over to your Twitter account and see a measly 103 followers. How can that be?
You might have posted over 1,000 tweets, but you’ve noticed you struggle to build up higher levels on Twitter.
Well, there is no shock.
It is tough to get followers on Twitter – it’s a strange beast where you have to regularly and consistently offer something for people to want to follow you.
The funny thing is in this day and age. You can buy Twitter followers.
It’s a standard action many people (from Lady Gaga to Barack Obama) and businesses have taken.
But should you buy followers or not?
Will it help or hinder your business?
We break down the pros and cons.
- The more followers you have (fake or not), the real ones will jump on board and follow you. If you see someone with over thousand (or 100,000) followers, you must think they offer consistent and constant high-quality content, so you follow them.
- For businesses, it’s all about promotion and showcasing your business’ high-quality content. It makes your business seem important enough to follow. By buying followers, you will appear relevant and thriving. This enhanced reputation will increase the chance of real people following you. It is all about looking victorious, and this is where buying followers pays off.
- It’s easy and cheap to buy followers, as plenty of companies offer followers. You can buy over 1,000 followers for $5. That’s very special and hardly a dent in any business. Of course, the more you buy, the more expensive it gets. But 1,000 more followers could bring in another 1,000 real followers.
- Buying followers is legal and shared, and it’s a legitimate business. And yes, everyone does it, as we said earlier, from Lady Gaga to President Barack Obama.
- Fake followers are just that: they’re fake. They won’t respond or interact with you in any way. They are only a number. So if you want to get interactions through your Twitter, it won’t happen with fake bots. It’s easy to spot a fake bot.
- Any social media campaign you have and measuring its ROI will be hard to assess. How can you when your followers are fake? It is going to be challenging to decipher if your campaign and social media efforts are working.
- You can get scammed. There is no doubt about that. With any business or service, there are going to be those who will try to trick you. You could pay for followers but get nothing in return. Keep an eye out for scammers.
So, Does Search Engine Optimisation Work With Twitter?
The importance of social media in SEO cannot get ignored. Twitter is the most popular microblogging platform, and more and more businesses in Melbourne are applying SEO tactics to Twitter marketing. These techniques can help your account show up on both Twitter and Google. Simply opening an account and tweeting will not boost your rankings.
You must connect with relevant friends and industry peers to make yourself visible.
SEO indeed works with Twitter, and you can gain a good deal of benefit from it. Twitter is an excellent way to increase a spot on organic search engine result pages (SERPs), to help your website and content gain visibility.
Here are a few ways to improve your business or brand and build more prominent links to be placed higher in search engine rankings:
Master Your Handle Name
Choose a handle name that is relevant to your company or brand and is easy to remember. Your username will be a part of your customized Twitter URL, which will work as a static address for future indexing.
Don’t use many numbers, as Google may flag it as spam.
Your Bio Should Be Relevant To Your SEO Campaign
Your profile or bio provides your page with core relevance and is consistently indexed. Make the most of the 160 characters given to you. Its primary purpose is to explain to followers what you tweet about and why they should follow you. Include relevant keywords and hashtags in your bio if you have a campaign or an event coming up. Your profile photo also carries some SEO weight. Add relevant keywords to the filename of your image, separated by dashes.
Start Loading Up Your Tweets With Keywords
It pays off with audiences. Try starting your tweet with a primary keyword phrase. Choose words wisely to spread your message in the best possible way.
Links Bring People To Your Website
Your Twitter profile needs a lot of links. You should link your profile anywhere with strong keywords in the anchor text. You can also encourage others to link to your Twitter profile to improve the authority it receives from search engines.
Hashtags Are The Base Of Twitter
So, use them to maximize your tweets because they work like metadata for them. They help organize tweets and determine trending information on Twitter. So when reaching out to your audience consistently and focused, you should use this technique.
Build your Online Brand Because It Increases Your Online Presence
A good and active Twitter account is not only helpful in SEO but also helps in building your online brand. It boosts your visibility by making new connections.
Being clear about your Twitter presence for your Melbourne business is essential.
Optimizing your Twitter account is vital in optimizing your search engine visibility. You can connect to more people and build a solid network to gain the exposure your business requires.