One underused and often neglected method to draw online traffic to your website is the optimization of Google Places Listings. Many local business owners of all industries (from labor to white office jobs) often ignore creating and developing a Google Place Listing because they figure it is time-consuming, inefficient, and less effective than other online strategies.
In fact, by neglecting the promotion of your business on this precious Google asset, you are potentially losing profits, damaging your reputation, and falling behind the competition. Optimizing your Google Places Listings is essential to maximize your business and its online potential.
What is Google Place Listings, you might ask? It’s a unique Google service that provides businesses with the platform to share vital information about themselves, including their services, products, and, most importantly, the location of its store or stores. Essentially, this Google asset aims to expand the audience and customer base of businesses, boutiques, and retail stores that sell their products in person and online.
These are, of course, the significant benefits of Google Place Listings. There are, of course, PLENTY of benefits:
- It’s free. That’s right; you won’t spend a cent on it.
- You don’t have to be tech-savvy to use the service. It’s easy, and you’ll know what to do once you’ve started.
- Thanks to mobile phones and the Google app, you can manage, edit and promote your Google Places Listings anytime and anywhere.
- You’ll connect with millions of Google users. It’s the number one search engine in the world (and the driver of all online marketing campaigns and algorithms), so you’ll be missing out on plenty of customers.
- Streamlined analytics means your business will be found easily during searches.
- Your online and offline reputation will increase if your service and information are well presented.
- Your customers will be satisfied with your business, and that is vital to establishing reliable connections.
- Potential to extend your brand online to new buyers.
- Seamlessly integrates with your overall online marketing campaign.
- Connects with customers through simple mobile phone use.
- Your visibility increases thanks to the connection to Google Maps.